Sunday, February 5, 2012

Memorizing 33 Verses In 10 Weeks



33 Memory Verse Challenge Tools
Version A - 16 minutes
I have combined the verses into a 16 minute audio version with a bit of space to think between the verses so that I can listen to them while I am working on other things at my computer. The program I used forced me to put some form of video or photos in the background so there is no significance to the photos. I really intend to just listen to the audio while working on other things in the foreground.



33 Memory Verse Challenge Tools
Version B - 60 minutes
I have combined the verses into a 60 minute version with a relaxing audio background. You can mute the audio if it is too relaxing and it puts you to sleep while you are trying to memorize the words. Verses pop up about every two slides. Just image that the audio is eggs frying up for breakfast if that helps you wake up. Either one of these options can be made full screen.

Here are the 33 verses:
1 John 5:11-12, 2 Timothy 2:2, Ezra 7:10, John 16:24, Genesis 1:27, Isaiah 59:2, 1 Corinthians 10:13, Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23, 1 John 1:9, Hebrews 9:27, John 5:24, Proverbs 3:5-6, Ephesians 2:8-9, John 14:6, Matthew 6:33, 1 Peter 3:18, Romans 10:9, Philippians 4:13, Revelation 3:20, Galatians 2:20, Psalm 119:9,11, Joshua 1:8, Jeremiah 33:3, John 13:34-35, Hebrews 10:24-25, Acts 1:8, 2 Corinthians 9:7, John 14:21, 1 John 5:13, Psalm 122:1, Ephesians 2:10, and Mark 5:19.

The Lord will inded bless us for spending time memorizing His word.
NikonSniper Steve

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Admire your challenge...storing up the Word is but one wise decison...full of life

David Paine said...

Hi, I once did something very similar... without multimedia to aid. I learn't one new verse each day as a simple verbal narration. The verses were relatively easy, especially when used in order. It was the chapter and verse memorisation that I tripped up on. I also added in the whole of Psalm 91 for good measure. Made me feel good if nothing else.

Liz said...

What a wonderful challenge!! Whe growing up, my parents discovered "The Navigators - Topical Memory System". The whole family did it, based on age as they have different sets for different ages. I completed it from very young until age 19. It was great as most of those verses, I can still remember.
Following your blog now :)

Brenda said...

How lovely that you not only listen to these verses yourself, but others can hear them. A word in season could be a breath of air to a dying soul