Sunday, July 12, 2009

Washington And Oregon July 12-25



More photos from Washington and Oregon soon!

I may be on the way by the time most of you read this post. This trip will be two weeks and I will travel approximately as shown above beginning in Portland and heading sorta clockwise as seen here. It's a long very busy haul over 2100 miles but I know the scenery will help pass time between visits with customers.
Many of you have writing e-mail to me and have commented that I should be going to Astoria, Seattle or Tacoma. I agree. However, I was there about 3-4 weeks ago and posted many photos of that trek on this blog. You will have to back up a bit to find them. There are close to 900 photos on this blog now (100 per page) so I would guess many of those photos are back 100-200 photos by now.

Again, Thank you to all of you who toss travel tips my way. This route ahead is unchartered water for me. I only hope to do photographic justice to this beautiful part of the USA. This trip will be my last scheduled trip to Washington and Oregon for a while but I do expect to be back late this year.

Looking ahead. I have scheduled August 9 - August 21 for Northern California and Northern Nevada. Followed by September 16 - October 7 in the Sacramento, Oakland, San Francisco, and San Jose areas. Then October 8-15 in Albuquerque for the Balloon Feast as well as a trip to the Grand Canyon, Painted Desert, Petrified Forest and Canyon de Chelly. So that's a bit to look forward to in the late summer and early fall.

Thanks for all your kind comments. I appreciate all your encouragement as well as your memories or impression of what the photo says to you. I purposefully do not write a lot of stuff on each photo. I'd rather just hear the many varied meanings or thoughts a photo has to others. I am still trying to figure out how we could all charter about three 747's and go on a long trip taking photos together!

All the best. NikonSniper Steve

20 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I look forward to more of your extraordinary photos! ENJOY!

DeniseinVA said...

That sounds like an exciting trip and I too look forward to all your wonderful photographs. Happy traveling!

Amanda said...

You are going to be going right through my town!!

SquirrelQueen said...

Looks like you are coming through Walla Walla, WA. This is wine country. Also be sure to check out our downtown area.

Lynn Cohen said...

I think you will find this route full of photo ops. We just returned from a two week/ten state trek and thousands of photos.

Lydia said...

You're going to see some amazing beauty in your trek across Oregon (looks like you're including the John Day Fossil Beds...) but you'll miss my favorite part of Oregon on this trip. Steens Mountain and the Alvord Desert are where my mind and soul often wander off to. In this post I included some of my favorite shots from various trips there alone. My husband and I later spent a portion of our honeymoon there, and it's darned time to get back. I long for the place...
I hope you'll have an opportunity to spend some time there in the future.

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Oh what a beautiful part of the country!! I used to live in WA near Seattle...
You'll have some fabulous photos to share when ya return! Safe Trip!

-Kath

Bruno said...

My last trip in the states was an "on the road" in 2007 and are traveling more 'beautiful. I crossed the mountains and prairies, I was in the opposite (south Dakota, Nebraska, Colorado and Arizona) but I did the east in 2000 ..... I recommend doing some photos for me to dream again

ellen abbott said...

Portland is a nice place. I have friends who live there.

TrailerTrashQueen said...

You will be going through the palouse- my home region of the states- The rolling wheat fields and old barns make for some wonderful pictures- then in spokane be sure to hit up the south hill for some wonderful houses and then downtown spokane as well. Have fun and good luck!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Hi there Stephen, thanks for becoming a follower to my blog!!!! how did you find my blog? I always love to know how folks come about finding it...You will love washington and oregon..beautiful place we live in...Your photography is beautiful...Have a wonderful time..I think you are hitting it at the right time of year too. We live across the water from Seattle..and I see you are not going to be in our area...but you are going to be hitting some beautiful area..are you taking the scenic 101? it takes longer to get where you are going..but the drive is fantastic...Can't wait to see your photos of your trip..you will be heading into Yakima and the tri cities..there is a restaurant that you must go to..do a google search of it..it is called "Miners" burger..it is a mom and pop place (at least it used to be) haven't been there since 1992..but they have the best food and the portion sizes are HUGE!! you could..you will definitely take photos of that..well worth the trip to get their food..:)

pammyjo said...

Thanks for dropping by and following my blog. I've been floating around in your sea of great photos. Will be visiting often. Enjoy your trip and I'll be looking forward to your wonderful photographs. My daughter is a photographer in Iowa. She is very talented and creative. She's on my side bar ... Memories by Brandi. :)

Joanna Jenkins said...

It's beautiful country. Enjoy the journey. Can't wait to see the photos. Safe travels.

Elaine said...

You're going to see some beautiful country, and hooray for us, you'll be taking some beautiful photos of that beautiful country. Have fun!

tapirgal said...

Hi Steve,

Thanks for following my blog in Astoria. I loved what you wrote in your bio about why you take photos. Although I don't have biological kids and grandkids to pass mine along to (but lucky to have a new grandson by choice :) at 60, I'm having similar thoughts. I really enjoy your pix and am going to put you in my blogroll. I see that your route doesn't take you to Astoria. I'd say that's a mistake, but - wow - we can't cover every inch of the world, and you will be in some amazing territory. I'll enjoy watching. I enjoy travelling via wonderful blogs as well as in real life. Happy journeying.

All the best, Sheryl (aka tapirgal)

kj said...

wow, you must be having the time of your life! good for you for choosing a purposeful and awesome 'project' like this.

:)

Kristina said...

Hi Steve! I saw you are now following my blog and thought Id take a look at yours. I LOVE your photos. I have only traveled to Scotland and unfortunately, the camera I used didnt do the buildings and scenery any justice. Ive been looking for a new camera, so any suggestions would be great.

Have a safe trip and I look forward to seeing what you "see".
Kristina

Beth said...

Looks like a fun trip!! Great photos.

christopherdossantos3@gmail.com said...

Great site Stephen, if you find yourself in Vancouver feel free to stop by. I live downtown on Stanley Park. 604 609 6020. visit me at www.godlymanifestation.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

graph suggests of root to achievement.

nyght

Free Satellite TV