Sunday, August 9, 2009

Packed & Ready - August 9-22



Update: Packed and ready waiting my pickup to head to O'Hare. My next two-week trip is about to launch and will begin in Sacramento on Sunday afternoon. I will be heading to customers in Northern Nevada and Northern California. Here is the approximate route I will be taking along the way. I have decided to work Northern California first and wrap the trip up out in Nevada. As you can see from this approximate map, it does appear I will dip back into Oregon for a few hours again along the way. I will try to get photos as time allows. I should be near the forests that burned last year in California by next weekend so I know I will get to spend some extra time hunting for shots in that area.

Thanks for all your suggestions. Keep them coming. Time won't allow me to hit them all but maybe on the next trip to this area I can plan something.

Additional Schedule As Of Now
September 16 to October 7 - San Francisco Bay Area
October 8 to October 15 - Albuquerque to the Grand Canyon
October 28 to November 14 - Las Vegas and Complete Arizona Loop

17 comments:

Cinder Rail'lee said...

sounds like a lot of funnnnn

Ronda Laveen said...

That's a whole lot of miles to log!

Dawn said...

There were a lot of amazing photos out of the Paradise, Chico area last summer with the forest fires. It would be interesting to see what mother nature has done to the burned areas since then.
Dawn

Sylvia said...

wow! You'll certainly bring home hundreds of wonderful photos. Have fun!

Cheryl said...

I am looking forward to seeing some more of your wonderful photos. Have a safe trip.

Lola said...

We look forward to seeing all those wonderful photos!

Have a great trip (used to live in LA & travelled around the USA a lot!)

LOL LOLA:)

ShEiLa said...

Since I just took a L O N G... rushed road trip. Wouldn't flying be easier? I guess you have so many places to stop... my husband told me when you fly you miss all of the scenery and that is true... but are you tired of driving yet.
How many times a year do you have to make these trips? Curiosity killed the cat... and maybe a blogger or two. ;)

ToOdLeS.

Unknown said...

You will find much to photograph on that trip!

NikonSniper said...

dawn,
thanks for the paradise chico tips. as you can see i have stops near there so i will keep an eye out for what i can see.
nikonsniper steve

NikonSniper said...

sheila,
travel to the west from chicago in my new position about once a month for two weeks at a time. i have driven 5,500 miles on the first two trips. this next trip is another 2,500 with side trips along the way. i guess flying is the best plan from chicago as it would take way to long otherwise. i will be going to places like jackson hole for my own personal trips but i will still likely fly outta chicago.
nikonsniper steve

Sean said...

I live in the SF Bay Area and have been running a Photo a Day blog for two years. Each photo has the location the picture was taken under the picture. If you need suggestions of where to go in the Bay Area, you might want to take a look at my blog (80% of what I shoot is crap, but you might enjoy the other 20% for ideas.)

Sean

Pat said...

We will be in Albuquerque from Oct. 5-10 for the Hot Air Balloon Fiesta. Maybe we can meet at the fiesta one day or evening? I'd love some photo tips. :)

Elaine said...

I lived in Eureka, California, when I was a kid. You're sure to get some wonderful shots of the ocean. You'll probably manage some good fog shots somewhere there along the coast, and I'm looking forward to seeing your photos of the redwoods. Have fun!

Valerie 007 said...

Can't wait to see your Grand Canyon shots!Have fun and don.t burn yourself out!

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Oh, man, I'm so jealous! I could live on the road. Let me know if you need any Vegas advice for your late October/early November trip.

Beautiful website!

Andrea said...

Sounds like a great trip and wonderful opportunity to take some gerat pics!!!

Linda Reeder said...

Wow. You do get around!