Saturday, October 3, 2009

Heading Home For 12 Hours

Well, as beautiful as it has been out here in the San Francisco Bay Area ... I am looking forward to heading home again on Wednesday. But, I will only be there for one night before heading to Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta and to the Grand Canyon for a few sunsets and some vacation. This has been a long road trip and I am looking forward to a little more laid back photgraphic adventure in New Mexico and Arizona. I guess the only real difference is that I take family and more cameras on this type of trip. So, it's WAY better!
As always, I want to thank all of you for your kind words and comments. You have no idea how much they help to pass the evenings in the hotels when there is nothing else to do. I don't own a television at home so it feels strange to have a TV in a room. I really don't watch it very much ... sometimes I forget it's even there.
So, here's an updated schedule for the upcoming areas I will photograph. Your suggestions of what to see along the way are also very helpful.

October 8 - October 15 Albuquerque to the Grand Canyon
October 28 - November 14 Las Vegas, Flagstaff, Phoenix, Tucson, Yuma
December 6 - December 18 Los Angeles South, San Diego, Palm Springs
January 10 - January 26 Los Angeles North, Santa Barbara, Bakersfield

All the best to all of you. Keep shooting those photos. I learn from everything I see!
NikonSniper Steve

14 comments:

Adnohr said...

I have never been to those places, so can give no ideas, but will have to travel with you through your pictures. I know it will be a fantastic trip! Have you ever visited the Laurentian Mountains, in Quebec, Canada during the autumn? It is beautiful, with lots of color. I know you could do it justice with your sniping.

Unknown said...

Hi Steve, have a safe trips. Waiting to see the photos.

Lisa said...

Hi. I had the opportunity to travel the areas you are going and they are all pretty country.

North of Santa Fe, there is a mosque tuck in the undulating hills next to Plaza Blanca at Abiquu. Not certain if you'll be in the area on the coming trip but if you ever are, please capture the beauty through your lenses and please let me know.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing the wonders of photography especially of America the Beautiful.

Tara said...

Dont forget missing my birthday on the 14th! I better get some awesome gifts haha!

Karen said...

I've never been west of the Mississippi, so I love the pictures you post. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!
Enjoy your family vacation!

Ima Wizer said...

If you are in Albuquerque for balloon fest, I live here. Give me a call or email: artistpolly@gmail.com

Heckety said...

Go well!

NikonSniper said...

Ocean Girl,
I made note of this and I will see how close I can get. I was planning on going as far as Sante Fe ... just another 100 miles. We'll see if the family is up to it.
NikonSniper Steve

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I found your blog from you signing up to be a follower on my blog. Beautiful photos. Can't wait to see what you will share with us in the future. I love New Mexico & Grand Canyon. Beautiful things to photograph in both places. I'm just learning how to take photos. My son takes fabulous photos, but he didn't get it from me.

Pat said...

We are here in Albuquerque. We hope to see some balloon activity Wednesday morning, but they are calling for rain. The rest of the week looks good.

NikonSniper said...

Pat,
Hope to get a chance to say hello while at the Balloon Feista later this week. Glad to hear weather report. I saw there was to be some rain.
NikonSniper Steve in Sacramento

Sean said...

Good planning on going to Bakersfield in January. There is a reason they refer to it as the armpit of California during the summer.

Eli, Cattails Quilts said...

Phoenix: Desert Botanical Gardens is beautiful, and the landscape around it makes you forget you're in the middle of the city.

I've never been down to it, but South Mountain Park is supposed to have some stunning views of the Valley.

We live east of Phoenix in Apache Junction, at the foot of Superstition Mountain. That is one beautiful view every morning!

Bakersfield: Highway 58 heading east into the Tehachapi Mountains is a gorgeous drive as well. If you're lucky, you'll see one of the trains making it's way up the mountainside, too.

I'm sure you can get some neat photos heading north on 65 in Oildale (just north of Bakersfield, past the airport), too, between the pipelines and pumps and wellhouses.

Sounds like quite the trip! Have fun, can't wait to see the results!

Eli, Cattails Quilts said...

Also, if you're taking the coast, the trip to Montana de Oro State Park south of San Luis Obispo is stunning as well. I'm sure with the winter storms you'd be able to get some gorgeous photos. Plus, it's wine country!
There's also a very cool 'Phoenix' marker up on a hill in Mesa, north of the 60.