Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hit And Run Season In Albuquerque

All is well. I am pretty sure the New Mexico is better than the Old Mexico ... but you wouldn't believe that after hearing what the car rental people told me about getting the insurance adders. "Oh, well you should get the adders cause this is the time of year that people DO A LOT OF HIT AND RUNS". Oh, really? It's hit and run season and I'm sorry maddam but I have lived on the edge for my first 51 years ... you aren't gonna stop me. I'd rather send the car flying off a cliff myself than get sucked into that telemarketing-type line. It sorta makes you think that the car rental agencies hire people to drive around town looking for their own cars in order to damage them during the nights to get a few extra Balloon Fiesta Bucks.

So, I'll be looking for Hit and Run Bumper Stickers along the way.

Hey, there's real Indians out here! Who knew? Ha! Just kidding.

Off to see Mary Poppins near the balloons.

6 comments:

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Oh, my goodness...that's just toooo funny!!!

Gigi Ann said...

Tell me you're kidding.

I look forward to those pictures of the Balloon Fiesta. I saw some of them on the news tonight.

NikonSniper said...

Gramma!
Nope not kidding. Enterprise car rental, hair care and tire center at the Albuquerque Airport declared Albuquerque a no fly zone for rental vehicles with adders. They also told me I had unlimited miles in the State of New Mexico. I asked, "So what if I don't know where I am going and that's the way I like it?" Well, we would just write down where the car was going. I just don't know why they need to know. I just thought maybe they would like to take a crowbar to the car since I refused their offer of insurance coverage. No way I'm telling them where I am going.
NikonSniper Steve

Braff Zackton said...

Sir, I used to work at a rental agency up to three years ago. I take offense at your characterization of my former career. Up until when my location closed due to an unfortunate fire/shark attack we were the number three rental option in all of Vicksburg for two years running. Here are some more options you should investigate to enhance your trip and give you peace of mind.
1. Passenger injector seat option. Basic package includes a car with hydraulic injector option. Upgrade comes with full sub-orbital multiple rocket system. Injector seat insurance is required.
2. Cloud Insurance. What are they plotting up there?
3. Unlimited "Freak State" mileage upgrade. Drive anywhere in Alaska or Hawaii with this upgrade. Not available in Alaska or Hawaii or Europe or Narnia.
4. Javelin defense and protection package. The FGM-148 Javelin top of the line American anti-tank missile is the premier fire and forget weapon offered for rental car protection today. Especially potent during hit and run season. Valid driver's license required. Please only use the FGM-148 for car protection.

Gigi Ann said...

Good for you, taking a stand. I agree, why do they have to know where you are going? Doesn't make sense. BTW, I love the pictures of the sunset and balloons. Have a nice vacation/work trip.

Heckety said...

Hit and run season huh? Well here we're in apple season, and we've just finished raspberry season, but we're about to begin the rugby season!
I guess I've heard it all now!