Wednesday, October 14, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

Well, we'll be heading to the airport in Albuquerque, NM for our flight home to Chicago in a few more hours. I really can't wait to be home again. As some of you know, I have only been there for ten hours in the last thirty days ... so you can imagine it will be nice not to be lugging bags for a while. New Mexico and Arizona are very beautiful and I will be happy to return after some "road rest".

I have captured hundreds of blogworthy photos (this is only my oppinion, you can tell me when they don't float your boat) on this trip and I will continue posting them with a mix of Fall photos from Illinois and Wisconsin in the next few weeks.

The weather in Illinois has drastically changed since I was there. Fall bit summer off in one big bite. That bite was through the gloves and half way to the second knuckles. I have heard that snow has already been in the Illinois air. Ouch! I know I will enjoy taking some photos at home this winter season mixed with a few warmer departures out of the snow to Arizona and Southern California.

Again, thanks for coming along on this trip with us. Your comments are always appreciated. I hope you can plan trips for yourself to New Mexico and Arizona. They really have a unique beauty you will never forget. Stay tuned as we continue shooting photos from no matter where we are in the USA. I will be making another road trip beginning October 28th to the Las Vegas area and Arizona.

God bless and stay tuned. NikonSniper Steve

8 comments:

forever lost said...

the rise is beautiful but the clarity of the blue sky and road well they just remind me of clear thinking.

I do look forward to your perspective on vegas, it is not my fav, but some day, I will see arizona..hey thanks for taking us ~;oD

Anonymous said...

There's no place like home. When you are away from home as much as you have been this summer, that sentence probably means so much to you. It is always nice to visit somewhere else but nowhere is as nice as being at home.

Even though I don't comment much anymore I do look at each of your photographs. I have enjoyed seeing parts of the U.S. through your eyes. Enjoy your days at home!

Susan said...

Welcome back to the frosty midwest. I've liked your warm-themed photos lately!

Eve said...

Safe travels Steve. Thanks for bringing us these pictures of our beautiful country!

kbear said...

You have captured NM & AZ very well. great reflections. I like the Grand Canyon photos too. It is all why I love living here in NM, the southwest. the beauty is its own uniqueness.

ShEiLa said...

It is always fun to travel and see things you have not seen before... but even better to get back home.

ToOdLeS.

Lisa said...

The best part of a journey, is to return home. Familiarity is comfort.

Jeni said...

I know I don't comment very much but I do have to say this about your photos -I haven't seen one yet that I didn't like. Some though I liked more than others and a few -here and there -were just so absolutely awesome that I was totally blown away!!! Excellent work. Keep doing what you're doing and thanks for taking me along for the ride.