Wednesday, February 10, 2010

3.8 Earthquake In Chicago?



So, I fly home again tomorrow morning. I heard on the radio that I missed a Chicago snow storm and apparently an earthquake. An earthquake? Huh? Here I am in Los Angeles (earthquake co-capital of the USA) and I missed the Chicago earthquake. I called my wife to learn that the quake got our huge chime bells going in the middle of the night.

This morning I was telling people at the LA Times about our very own 3.8 Illinois earthquake. They laughed at me. They mocked our earthquake. One gentlemen told me he regularly has gas worse than 3.8. I excused myself from the loud heckling. This is probably huge news in Iowa. Yeah, ... I bet they wouldn't laugh.

9 comments:

NikonSniper said...

for the record, ... a braff zackton comment was made that was hilarious ... but could not be published in case the queen of england read it. seriously braff that was funny. chances of this comment getting published ... 100%, your comment, not so much.
nikonsniper steve

ShEiLa said...

I hope you make it home... all of the flight delays considered. Travel safe.

ToOdLeS.

dominique eichi said...

LOL.......... that is funny. You needed your own. Now you can say you've had one.

Deborah said...

It is huge for the east coast! So brag all you want!

Braff Zackton said...

When did NS become Soviet Russia? You're letting your follower count go to your head Uncle Joe Stalin.

It was pretty good too. By the way, The Coon was in court today for doing +15 in a School Zone with a blinking light flashing to warn people to slow down. He plays by nobodys rules, not even his own.

Amy_Fire said...

It is a big deal, just not for Californian's. I bet most anyone else would be understanding and such. I'm a Californian myself, born and raised, so at first when I read it my impulse was to say "so what". But for a place not used to heavy earthquakes, it is a problem. Hope everyone was ok and that no more "heavy" earthquakes are on their way lol.

Don and Krise said...

It's your earthquake, it belongs to you, and no one can take it away. I'm guessing it could be another 50 years or so before you get another one though.

NikonSniper said...

don & krise,
exactly and i missed it!
nikonsniper steve

JKW said...

We had quakes in Central IL but never Chicago, that was a shocker. I think OK had one just before that. 20s and 30s in So. FL (Jan) isn't fun either when the north side windows don't entirely shut. The cold (Feb) won't leave us alone!!!! Blessings, Janet