Sunday, February 28, 2010

Blind Human Pinball

Well, I am back having breakfast at O'Hare now after spending 14 hours of leisure at home. Yes, I feel a bit like a human pinball.
Where to now?
Tucson via Dallas.
Sounds fun?
I hope to catch some sunsets on the cactus before I fall asleep tonight. I will be spending a quick visit or two in Phoenix on Monday and head down to Sierra Vista in the evening. As you can probably tell ... I don't use a "professional" travel agent. I do everything flying by the seat of my pants.
80 miles in 30 minutes?
Sure! I'll get a tank of gas on the way.
Well, that's one way to live. It annoys some people but it's the norm for me.
I hope to be home next weekend because I really need to get a pit stop at the eye doctor. My new glasses have been sitting in his office for a month. But they don't just give them to you ... they fit them to your face.
Huh? Seriously? You mean my wife can't just pick em up?
No sir, we need to make sure you are seeing properly through the right portion of your glasses for all conditions.
Mam, I can't see out of the glasses I am wearing, ... what's the difference?
I'm sorry sir. We just don't do that.
Well, maybe I'll drop by next weekend. Maybe not. I could be in Barrow, Alaska.
They aren't worried. I paid for everything already.
Well, I hope you all have a terrific Sunday. I'll try to catch you a sunset tonight.
NikonSniper Steve

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny post! It's kinda ironic, isn't it? FOR YOUR OWN GOOD, they want you to have your eyeglasses properly fitted to the nth degree, but if you can't get there for a while and you're blind in the meantime, that's OK.

Looking forward to the cactus sunset! At first I envied your travel, but truth be told I don't think I could keep up the pace.

CHummelKornell said...

Stephen,

I have to ask...while you are out photographing, is this the only reason you are on the road? Or, do you have a job that allows you this luxury? Can you tell I'm jealous!! First you have a wonderful pastime which provides awesome, beautiful, artistic photographs for us all to share. You seem to love doing it. And, you have a family who supports your need to photograph. I know you are aware, but you are a very lucky man. Keep the photos coming and do you take requests for areas that you might not think of on your own???

Brian Miller said...

your travels astound me sometimes, almost as much as your pictures...

Remington said...

Isn't that the way it goes sometimes.... I sure hope you get your new glasses soon....have a great Sunday.

Anonymous said...

see you later
said the hungry alligator
... who not did need glasses o-o

Braff Zackton said...

Wish I was going with you, that's one of my favorite towns. USA USA USA.

Kat said...

This just made me laugh out loud. It took our daughter almost a month to pick up her glasses due to her crazy student teaching schedule. And no, they would not let someone else pick them up either. Travel safe, and I know you'll bring back some great pix. Kathy

The Muse said...

the tales of artistic vagabond!
lol
love it!

Dee said...

Hello, I fell onto your blog while floating through blog land on this restful Sunday after noon. I am enjoying your photography. I hope to one day take a step up in learning to do photography.I just recently started using my inexpensive little digital camera to take pictures of my passion and love for old homesteads and barns to share on my blog.At the present time I just shoot from the heart. Hopefully a new camera and head knowledge will be in my future. The new face you see on your followers list is me :)I will enjoy being inspired and motivated by you photography.

NikonSniper said...

c-hummel kornell-wilson,

hello. i think most of the answers can be found in this post from a few days ago.

http://nikonsniper.blogspot.com/2010/02/rain-on-l.html

nikonsniper steve

Unknown said...

lol... call me if you're going to Barrow! haha!

Elaine said...

You won't want to go to Barrow for a few months yet. Trust me! I'm not sure you want to go to Barrow anyway. Listen to Krista's laughter. She lives in Whitehorse, which is just down the road a piece from here.