Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom


Mom, ... You remain such an encouragement to me.
May God continue to use you for His kingdom as you speak of His power and ability to meet and exceed all of your needs. Watching His hand miraculously provide for you has been a great and very visible evidence of His love and care for His child. May God allow you to effectively minister for Him all of the days of your life.
Thanks for giving me a good beatin' when I had it coming and for washing my mouth out with soap! Thanks for lovin' me when I was hard to love. Thanks for the prayers you uttered that kept me somewhat sain. Thanks for the tears when you hurt for and with us. Thanks for the laughter at my goofey and repetitive sense of humor. Thanks for loving God and pointing me to Christ. Thanks for being real. Thanks for saying you're sorry. Thanks for soup.
May you enjoy a birthday today knowing that your labor is not in vain. Press on for Him who is able to deliver you and present you faultless.
Love, Stephen

6 comments:

Kate said...

Hi Stephen
What a lovely photo you have taken of your mum. I had a great mum. Sadly she passed on to be with the Lord in February 2000. Then my dad in February 2004 and my elder brother in February this year. It is right that we should stop and smell the roses. Time is SO fleeting. And I loved when you wrote, "Thanks for soup"!! That says it all to me!!
God bless you as you continue in this life with a truly grateful and caring heart.
Kate
Shetland Isles.

ShEiLa said...

YOU are so LUCKY to have your Mom. My Mother passed away almost seven years ago... Happy Birthday Steven's Mom!!!!

ToOdLeS.

ShEiLa said...

correction:
Stephen's Mom. (I think I spelled it wrong in my comment.)

Jocelyn said...

What a beautiful tribute to your Mom. Hope her day is blessed beyond measure!

Anonymous said...

you really love your mommi..that is soo good to see.thanx!!:))

NikonSniper said...

kate,
thanks for those words. life is a gift and it sounds like you have similiar memories with your mom. they live on in our memories until we see them again.
nikonsniper steve