Friday, December 10, 2010

Welcome Home TARA


Well, folks, tomorrow my wife and I will travel to Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, TX for the graduation of our daughter Tara from 68W Army Combat Field Medic training. While Tara was away she earned her National EMT Certification as well.

Tara will return home with us for a few days after all the graduation ceremony and hoopla but unfortunately she will be leaving home again before Christmas to begin her journey to her new station at Camp Casey in South Korea near the 38th parallel. For those friends and family who are following Tara a little more closely, you can read a bit more about Camp Casey here. We don't know much ourselves yet as we just take military parenting a day at a time. Tara will wear the patch shown above in South Korea as a member of the 2nd Infantry Division.

We will have some very precious hours with her here as she has now been away since Memorial Day doing basic training and now AIT. I will take many photos of her with our family before her departure as we will not likely see her again until summertime when she will get her leave.

We are very proud of all she has done. She has toughed through many things she didn't really like in order to serve her country and even prepare herself for the world after the military ... no matter how long that is from now.

Proud of you kiddo! I knew you could survive anything put in front of you since you managed to survive a Dad who still really needs some parenting education.

May the Lord guide you in everything and watch over your steps. May Christ grow inside you and cause you to fully understand the price He willing paid for you. May your heart learn to trust Him alone in all things and make you yearn deeply for His Word!

You are MY daughter! But God has known you before the foundation of the world. Read Ephesians Chapter 1. He loves you more than we can because He is perfect in every way ... and you know I ain't THAT!

With hearts full of joy anticipating being with you HERE again!

Love, Mom & Dad

16 comments:

Judy said...

God bless Tara. I will keep her and you and your family in my prayers. I am so grateful for those with the will and courage to serve our country.

TexWisGirl said...

I know you are very proud of your daughter, and we thank her for her efforts, training and service.

Be safe in your travels, proud father...

ShEiLa said...

Congrats Tara!!!

I am sure you will enjoy each moment with her while she is home... and my prayers go with her as she leaves and with you too dear family.

ToOdLeS.

Eve said...

Sending warm thanks to Tara for her service! God bless you and yours Stephen!

Patrinas Pencil said...

AWWW Steve, how sweet of a note that is to your daughter, Tara. I would be proud too. I'll be praying for her while in Korea. Must be hard to let her go. That National EMT will be great to have even when she get out. Way to Go, Tara!

Proud of your too and thanks for serving our great land.

God bless you, Tara and keep you in the palm of his hand. Let Him be your protector - your guide - and your covering. He promises to be your EVERYTHING!

Congratulations!!

Patrina <")>><
warrior Bride in boots

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tara!!!
May you be blessed...

Unknown said...

She'll be fine at Casey. Congratulations. I'm sure you're proud.

David ______

SFC RET, U.S. Army.

Yffar'sWorld said...

That's so sweet and loving of you. She must be soooo lucky to have a father like you.

Congratulations to Tara! I'm sure she'll be fine. :-) God Bless yah!

Beth said...

Congrats to Tara. I know you all will have a lovely Christmas spent together.

kbear said...

As a Veteran I too am proud. Thank You for serving Tara. serving my country was the best thing I did as a young woman headed out into the world. my favorite memories!

Vicky said...

I am happy for you to be able to see Tara, I wish you a safe and happy trip. your post brought tears to my eyes, to have to let her go so far away it will be hard. As a soldier mom I know what you will be feeling. As a parent is never easy letting your children go, knowing you dont have control anymore. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Cant wait to see your pictures

Marka said...

Vaya con Dios, Tara, vaya con Dios.

Anonymous said...

Concratulations upon this achievement of you all.

A moving and highest respect demanding entry of yours.

Anonymous said...

Your post was so moving in so many ways. Your love for your daughter reminds me of our own Father's love for us. His pride in who we are and the things we do, the knowledge that what He instilled inside of us will help us to survive and thrive, the desire for us to fully follow the path He's ordained for us and be all that He created us to be. What love.

As you are reunited with Tara, may the Lord grant your family all joy and fun and love like you never felt before! And may He continue to strengthen and deepen your faith as you each travel the path He's prepared for you.

Praying for Tara - and you & your wife too.

Blessings,
Deb

Molly said...

And today and tomorrow, our prayers will travel with you to San Antonio. God bless Tara. It is so easy to see why you are so proud of her. May you all have a wonderful reunion.

Nina Morelli said...

May God keep blessing u Tara, as well ur family too.
Hugs from Brazil.
Nina