Friday, January 28, 2011

Tired Dog Needs Rest

So, … Do you ever get that blahhhhh feeling in the middle of the winter? Maybe not if you live in the far South. Like, … it sure would be great to wake up every day in Sydney, Australia right now.

I feel like life is taking me through a quiet season. Things have been very tough in this business climate. I am honestly just thankful I even have a job. I feel like I am hearing God speak to me more these days. Maybe He wants to move me somewhere else. Maybe not!

Sometimes when I feel exhausted or discouraged, it helps for me to meditate on the fact that two seconds after I kick the bucket, … none of these day to day trials will matter at all to me.

The Bible teaches us to be careful as to exactly what we hold important in life.
In Luke 12:15b-20, it reads …

“Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.” And he told them a parable, saying, “The land of a rich man produced plentifully, and he thought to himself, ‘What shall I do, for I have nowhere to store my crops?’ And he said, ‘I will do this: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.’ But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?’ So is the one who lays up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God.”
After reading this, I know I need to chill and rest in the fact that I am God’s child through faith in Christ and that nothing is more important in this life than seeking FIRST the kingdom of God (Matthew 6:25-34).

If I could reach out and hand you anything I have … it would be His peace. Jesus loves you and wants to give you eternal life. Say yes to Him. (John 3:16).

I just believe this is the most important thing I can say to you today. I wouldn’t intentionally try offend any of you.

God bless you all. Thank you for your kind words left on this website.
NikonSniper Steve

17 comments:

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Blah this time of year?
Are you kidding me?
I really, truly don't like winter and snow - and my town holds the snow depth record in Sweden! It was 55 inches but then it snowed a lot more. PLEASE, spring, come already! Then again - I know it's over 2,5 months away :(

child of God said...

Beautifully said! :)

I really must be odd for I love winter! I love the snow, cold and the way the clouds sit heavy in the mountains. I really feel blah when it creeps up to +35 which is +95 F.

Thanks for sharing the Good News!
<><

Montanagirl said...

Steve - That's a wonderful post today, and it really strikes a chord with me. I was raised in the Assembly of God church: said church teaches Salvation through Christ. I was pleasantly surprised when I read your post today. Bless you for being brave enough to speak out. And thank your for your kind comment on my Antelope photos the other day. Sometimes I get a little discouraged with how my photos turn out - but I just keep trying!

Tracy said...

Steve,
What a great post today and I agree...we are children of God and know that things are exactly how it it meant to be.
I'm feeling the 'blah's of winter as well but I live in the south, so what to do for that?
Actually, in NC it will be 58 degrees and sunny tomorrow :)

Cindy said...

I love all seasons, some more than others.

In each season I know God is with me; preparing me for the next season, building my faith, giving me hope, teaching me to be still so I will know He is God.

I hope that your "season" will pass, revealing HIS amazing purpose.

Jayne said...

That was beautiful. Thank you for sharing, and I'm glad that you still have work... as these are not easy times.
I am actually quite enjoying the landscape. Three feet of snow, and more sure to come!

Anonymous said...

I say YES TO JESUS! After my toilet overflowed this afternoon, I had to take a breath and realize this isn't going to matter in eternity, either. Good perspective, which I needed today! God bless you!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written. Thank you for sharing.
I'm ready for spring sunshine and warm air. In time, right? In time!

Judy said...

Thank you for the timely reminder. This is exactly what I've been thinking about lately. God has a way of driving a message home by gentle repetition. Thank you for sharing His blessed message.

Pat said...

When you're an outdoorsy type, bleak winters can go on a bit longer than you'd like and you get a touch of cabin fever.
And hardly any of us are good at enforced rest!
Perhaps God is being kinder to us than we know, and not letting us wear ourselves out too soon. *hugs*

Lily Riani said...

great post

PhotoVigor said...

Uncle..I hope you are fine by now.
Take more pictures and share with us.
Cheers..:)

Molly said...

Steve, what you've written is so true. Peace be with you and your family too.

Laurie and Bill said...

Not only are your pictures a beautiful gift, but you also have shared the greatest gift of all.

I have just begun to make it a habit of telling myself that the trials I face are for a season. In all eternity it isn't going to matter at all.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful post!!!

God Bless you,

Lon

Lynda said...

I don't mind winter weather - - - as long as I can move from a heated car to a heated building! Summertime heat just wilts me.
I agree that thankfulness for our needs are enough. Our wants are just that. Praying that God will show you without a doubt what HE wants you to do next - - - whether to stay or go.

Flutterby said...

Tell me did you tiptoe through my head and discover that I needed a lift? Your sharing God's words are comforting to me. Thanks.