Friday, August 21, 2009

Sitting In Sacramento

Well, I am back at the Sacramemto airport waiting to fly home via Dallas. It's now looking questionable that I will arrive in Chicago tonight or tomorrow. I can't wait to see familiar faces again. It has been wonderful to see Northern California and Northern Nevada. I have learned a great deal about the terrain on this trip and look forward to seeing the San Francisco Bay area in a few weeks. Stay tuned to NikonSniper in the next 3-4 weeks for shots from Illinois, Wisconsin and a few extras from past trips to Washington, Oregon, Nevada and California on days I need to rest a bit. It's funny ... you would think I would get home and want to drop my camera for a while ... but I am usually shooting within 12 hours of my arrival with John, a friend of mine or my youngest daughter, Leah. See her blog at http://nikonsniperindiapers.blogspot.com/.

Thanks again for all your comments and suggestions over the past two weeks. You make traveling and being away from my family a little more tolerable. Thanks to all of you.

Have a great weekend ... wherever you are!
NikonSniper Steve

10 comments:

Caio Fern said...

it was a very good surprise to know your blog . i liked the way you take pictures , your photogaphys are good , full of life .
i liked too what you wrote on the "about me " part . i understand very well .
i am waiting eager for new works .
thank you for have droped by .
see you , and good luck .

Ronda Laveen said...

Thanks for sharing your trip. I enjoyed the photos very much.

Dorraine said...

Sounds like a great trip! Keep taking those beautiful pictures.

Don and Krise said...

That's the spirit. Can't wait to get home and start a new adventure. Keep the photos coming. We'll be right here to enjoy them and give you our feedback. Have a great weekend!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Safe travels home. I hope you arrive sooner than later.

Lolita´s said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. You have a great blog and very interesting, beautiful photos. Kisses.

Anonymous said...

what a treat to find your blog and view your vision of the states. I enjoyed it so much. Hope you get home sooner than later. :)

Barbra Joan said...

Stephen, Love your latest photos. Especially the Nevada colors. I've been there myself as I lived for a short time in Fremont Ca. There's nothing like the northwest. Your pics bring those beautiful sights back. Thank you
Barbra Joan

Alex said...

Just thought I'd ping you some Bay Area suggestions, camera wise. (Some depends if you have a car).

If you get a chance, across the way from Oakland is a town called Alameda, they have the USS Hornet on what used to be a naval air station; some great photo opportunities.

http://alexod.blogspot.com/2008/12/glass.html

http://alexod.blogspot.com/2008/11/first-place-on-earth.html

Up in Point Richmond there is an old Victory Ship, again, good industrial landscape, and a WWII ship.

If you feel like a train adventure out of SF, take Caltrain to Palo Alto, they have some interesting civic art. The main drag is early 1900's.

The wine country is great. I like the Jack London estate (http://alexod.blogspot.com/2009/02/this-place-is-pigsty.html)

Happy travel. Look forward to the results.

Alex

NikonSniper said...

alex,
thanks for these great suggestions. i will look into these sidetrips as the day approaches.
all the best to you.
nikonsniper steve