Friday, October 29, 2010

The Great Escape


Well, I am looking forward to another photography road trip. Here is the approximate route for our Great Northwestern Escape to Washington and Oregon. I'll be travelling with my wife, Susan this time ... so she will make sure I don't do the really stupid stuff I have attempted in the past. I know this will be a great getaway ... even if it rains!
We hope to bring you the very best in fall colors, mountains, rivers and Pacific coastline via photography. I am hoping we aren't too late for the peak colors. We will spend some days at Mount Rainier and Crater Lake National Parks. I have always loved this part of the country that is thick in beauty. God's creative touch is very unique here. The terrain was quite a surprise to me on my first trip so I expect it will be fun to share that with Susan now making her first trip to this very well kept secret.
So join us if you will on NikonSniper!
All the best.
NikonSniper Steve

12 comments:

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Have a great trip! There is a lot there to photograph.

ShEiLa said...

Have fun and enjoy!!!

I have never been to this part of the country... I really should schedule a trip. Actually my oldest daughter is in Portland (Woodburn) right now for an intereview for a promotion/transfer with her company... if she gets it I will have the perfect reason to go.

I look forward to seeing the photos.

ToOdLeS.

~All Roads Lead Home~ said...

Wishing you both safe travels! Can't wait for the Autumn images to follow! Take care! ~Sarah~

Nel said...

Looking forward to your pictures. That is one area I would love to see and photograph. We have so much here in the US that we take for granted. God has really blessed us! Safe travels! Hope you and your wife have a wonderful time!
until next time... nel

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see what you get, Steve!

G said...

I live in the NW it is an amazing place to take photographs! Have a wonderful time, the water falls in the Columbia River are amazing!

Monica said...

How fun! You'll be traveling through many of my favorite stomping grounds.

becky said...

You'll be traveling thru several of the places I've been lucky enough to live & spend time. Looking forward to your pics! :)

Dom said...

Sounds like a great route for a road trip.
Hope you'll be treated with some wonderful weather.

Lynda said...

What kind of elevations will you see? We will be looking forward to your journey in photos.

NikonSniper said...

misslynda,
mount rainier is roughly 14,400 ft. crater lake is at around 9,000 and mount st. helens is around 8, 300 since the eruption in 1980. prior to that it was 1,400 feet taller.
nikonsniper steve

linda said...

You're headed my way, the most beautiful places on earth.
Have a wonderful journey.