Thursday, March 4, 2010

Homebound Till Monday

Well, here I sit again. This time, Tucson International Airport. I am waiting to jump a ride back to Chicago through Dallas. It was nice to see some new scenery here in Arizona for a change. Arizona is amazing! I will be on the ground for a few days back in Illinois then it's off to, ... you guessed it, Los Angeles! This will be the 6th trip to L-A since December. It's starting to feel like I know the people in the hotels there.
Anyway, I am looking forward to getting home and seeing family ... and a friend of mine (John) who just bought a Nikon D90. For the last year or so, John has been jumping in the car with me and wandering around Illinois and Wisconsin taking pictures when I am home. John was using a Nikon D70 ... and now he has upgraded to the Nikon D90. There are many big feature jumps in this switch so I know he will be very "gungho" to hit the backroads of the Midwest again.
Some news. As many of you know, I travel Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada and Arizona for the company that feeds my family. I have been afforded the great photographic fortune of seeing the Western USA all while traveling to printing companies in the West. My territory has now been expanded to include Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado and New Mexico. Is that too cool, or what?
Well, I am now preparing for some runs to Colorado that should bring me closer to a great number of you who follow NikonSniper. What an opportunity! It is great to represent a company for more than 23 years that you love and to be able to photograph the Wild Wild West along the way. Photography is a great pastime when you are away from home as much as I have been in the last 9 months. So look out! I could be driving down a road near you soon. I am the guy with the camera hanging out the window that suddenly stops with little or no notice. If I hear your horn blarring behind me ... I'll just assume that's your Western Way to say hello to we who are stunned by the scenery God created ... that you get to see everyday.
Have a great Thursday.
NikonSniper Steve

17 comments:

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Because you are a creative personality and like the art, please have a look here STAR!

Monica said...

If you ever get over to eastern WA, you need to visit Palouse Falls. In the spring with all the snow runoff, it looks like chocolate milk. Very neat little place to visit out in the middle of nowhere.

Nel said...

What a wonderful opportunity. It is funny my hubby finally realizes when I yell stop or pull over, it is not an emergency... just a picture taking opportunity. LOL I think I scared him in the beginning. Enjoy all your pictures! Beautiful canvases and artwork!

until next time... nel

Thilda said...

Wow! Your photos are great! First time here.

Julie said...

I will keep my eyes out for you the next time you are traveling around AZ and looking for more beautiful pictures to take.

Dee said...

Your a talented and blessed man...so happy to have found your blog. :)

Davine said...

I don't write a comment very often, but I check out and love your photos every day. I have decided I really want your job!!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Your soft good night is an awesome picture of the desert sunset. I am in awe!

Have a greatly blessed day!!!

Bruce Caspersonn said...

I don't know how to tell you this Mr.NIkon' but I have dumped my D40 and bought a Panasonic Lumix!! The Nikon got too much dust in it and was costing me a mint to have it cleaned. Such is life!
Bruce.

Elaine said...

Oh, wow, a huge increase in your territory and photo opportunities! What a shame that Binky the polar bear died many years ago, so you won't get that photo op if you make it to Anchorage. Not to worry, lots of other such opportunities in Alaska. Let me know what areas you will be covering and I'll try to give you some helpful suggestions of things you won't want to miss--oh, and about ways to keep safe while you're doing it.

Don and Sher said...

Great images as always. I love my D90, I could upgrade but I love the camera. I also use a D40 and D60, both nice size. To many people go pixel chasing.
Just me the 90 with a 18-135mm and I am a happy camper.

Don

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration.

NikonSniper said...

elaine,
you will be one of the first to know when i am coming to alaska. i think it would be cool to have a cup of coffee one day.
nikonsniper steve

NikonSniper said...

bruce,
i completely understand. dust drives me nuts.
nikonsniper steve

Elaine said...

It would be cool! My treat.

Kat Markle said...

Hey my only follower! lol
My brother travels ALL states! He is a wealth intelligence mentor...In relation to real estate...that is all I really know.
Your photos, as YOU know, are simply beautiful. I love them and appreciate the beauty, the awe, like you must. Thanks for sharing them here.
If you ever answer any of my comments, please do not do it on here...put it on my blog, otherwise i will never see it b/c I never go back to where I write!
Hey, enjoy every second!Be SAFE.
Oh, I am in WV, at the tip of WV/OH/PA.
Take care! Kat

PS For anyone who reads this, come over and follow me on my blog! I need traffic! LOL.

LoisW said...

I thought I recognized some of your shots as being around LA. I just spent two weeks there at Christmas. Stayed at the Sea Sprite in Hermosa. The sunsets were like no other. Loved the piers and the surfing. I envy you going so often.