Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day


I feel very blessed to have been able to spend a delightful morning in church with my Mom on this Mother's Day. Truthfully, I am very blessed because I do this every week.
For most of us, we are separated from our Mom's by many miles. It's makes the getting together very difficult so Mother's Day has become a great day to call home and talk to Mom. Years ago, I heard that Mother's Day is the heaviest phone call day in our nation. In keeping with that great tradition, my wife, Susan will be calling her Mom this evening in Canada.
For some of us, Moms are just a dear memory. Susan and I feel very fortunate for the dozens of times that our Mother's lifted us up after we had fallen and scraped our knees when we were little. But, ... We are far more grateful for the thousands of times when our Mother's lifted us up to God through prayer.
Moms, ... May your Mother's Day be great!
NikonSniper Steve

11 comments:

arcadia said...

Happy mother's day! :)

Beautiful photos! I'll follow your blog! :)

Katherine said...

A very beautiful picture Stephen! Thanks for the Mothers Day wishes!!

Barbara said...

Thanks for the good wishes, Stephen. Hope you and your family have a great day.

Barbara

Gallow said...

This is a great Spring Time shot. The death of the winter is all around, but life is blossoming in the middle. Great photo.

Gemel said...

Such a beautiful photo to go with your wish of happiness.
Loved it :-)

Laney5569 Blog said...

D'oh!
i forgot my mother

Kimmy said...

Greetings Stephen,
Hope your wife has a most lovely Mother's Day and if your photo is any indication of such, she will.
Have a wondrous upcoming week, cheers!

Yuki said...

I praise your splendid pictures.

yukimiyo

Babzy.B said...

as a mother i find these flowers awesome beautiful :)

Bossy Betty said...

Thank you! Hope you are having a lovely day too!

Cheryl said...

So pretty.