Saturday, November 20, 2010

13 Minutes About Jesus

Would you listen to 13 minutes about Jesus?

The older I get the more I see and experience the harsh reality that this world is out to get you. This life is full of tough struggles. There are lightening bolts that hit every age group. Heartache and disappointment knock on everyone's door sooner or later. You could very easily be in a world of tough stuff right now. Perhaps you unemployed or under-employed? How do you cope with life now? Is it working?
Jesus is greatest story ever told. Some consider Him a crutch that weak people need to get through their Mondays. I know Him to be quite different than that. Jesus is alive and well and will return to reign as King of Kings on this earth! Jesus permanently changes hundreds of thousands of lives all over the world every year. The more that a nation experiences oppression, the more you see evidence of Jesus delivering freedom. People are being set free by Jesus as every hour passes. Just take 13 minutes and listen to Andy Stanley speak about The Message of Jesus. New life always begins by trusting and making a simple step to follow that lead. I challenge you to investigate Jesus for yourself.
Praying for you! May the Lord God of heaven and earth bless you all with abundant life!
NikonSniper Steve

Wanna hear more?
The Message of Jesus II,
The Message of Jesus III,
The Message of Jesus IV,
The Message of Jesus V,
The Message of Jesus VI

12 comments:

Lynda said...

Andy Stanley is GREAT! Some people from our church have visited his congregation and heard him live.

librarian said...

I believe something can exist if only people believe it to do so, perhaps not in the same way they themselves believe, but for them it certainly must have relevance in their lives.

I'm not a religious person, and I don't think many of the information-enabled youths of today are either. In most of these cases it doesn't seem to be ignorance of the religion but lack of belief that causes youngsters to be non-religious.

So the preacher's story of Mathew doesn't seem as relevant to modern times.

ShEiLa said...

Hope.

That is where I get the strength to go on. I do find that hope in the example of Jesus Christ.

Thank you for sharing your humble prayer for us all to be anchored in the gospel of Jesus.

Connection through love. Love One Another. I do agree with his message. We need to keep it simple... and remember that the gospel is for sinners and saints alike.

ToOdLeS.

Molly said...

Steve the pictures you put up are awesome but this is the part of your blog I love best!

Flutterby said...

This is a wonderful video inviting anyone to listen that the invitation to Matthew is extended to everyone that is willing to listen and respond. It doesn't matter where you have been or where you at right now, it is what you are going to do next? Thank you for sharing this amazing video. Ruth

Judy said...

What a perfect message for my Sabbath. Thank you! I know that no matter how lost I may feel, Jesus knows where to find me, and He will never, never abandon me.

Judy said...

Great message Steve!

I love Jesus. He has changed my life for the better, indeed.

I had the pleasure of visiting Andy Stanley's church in Buckhead, GA a few years ago. How I ended up in his church that Sunday morning was soooo not planned. I was on a business trip and I was looking for a church in the area to visit before working that morning. The hotel staff told me about a church around the corner, and lo and behold it was Andy Stanley's church. I believe 5,000 people were there that morning. Incredible. His message about Jesus is wonderful. Thank you.

Judy

Judy said...

One last thing Steve! Yesterday I traded in my 50-200mm kit lens I bought with my Nikon this past summer for the new 55-300mm VR lens. I am so excited about it. I really hope it doesn't disappoint. I've heard it's a much higher quality lens than the 55-200mm.

Do you have any experience with this lens?

Thanks,
Judy

Teri said...

I don't understand this idea that a loving god would have to test anyone, would allow you to get lost in the first place, or allow you to feel such pain and sorrow. I am a parent and there is no way that I would "test" my children's love for me. To what end does this serve? It sounds very insecure to me. And, what if you fail the test? Then what? Why would this even be an option? I would never abandon my children, would you? Would you ask your child to kill someone, just to see if they really loved you??? Such archaic thoughts. I would rather believe in the good in people then to ask them to "prove" the opposite to me.

child of God said...

This is a great message Steve thank you for sharing it. It blows me away to think that God loves us so much, that He can look past all of our 'stuff' and like us.

<><

Unknown said...

Andy Stanley always have great messages! Jesus is God! :)

Glory to God said...

Steve -

God has given you a great platform here. You have such a talent in photography. And in this area of influence you have a tremendous opportunity to share your faith.

Thank you Steve for impressing upon others what's really important. God bless!